Office for Northeast Asia & Global Education and Training Institute
Office for Northeast Asia (ONEA) and Global Education and Training Institute (GETI)
The UNDRR Office for Northeast Asia & Global Education and Training Institute (UNDRR ONEA & GETI) was established in 2010 to develop a new cadre of professionals in disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation to build disaster resilient societies.
ONEA & GETI also hosts the Global Secretariat for the Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030)
UNDRR Office for Northeast Asia (ONEA) supports five countries: Republic of Korea, China, Japan, Mongolia and DPR Korea specifically to reduce disaster loss and risk and to ensure Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 implementation.
The Global Education and Training Institute (GETI) has a global mandate to provide capacity building support to mainstream disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation into sustainable development; convene and support inter-city learning to strengthen resilience (Making Cities Resilient); and to provide capacity building and best practice sharing support to national training institutions working on resilience issues.
Quarterly updates on ONEA & GETI activities and impact are available in ONEA & GETI Newsletters.
Get more information and Register for the Upcoming ONEA & GETI Training at the event links below:
Please also visit our Event Calendar for more information about past and upcoming UNDRR ONEA & GETI training and events!
- 28 January - 15 April 2021
[Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic series]
Health Facilities: COVID-19 Safe Hospital Webinar Series Managing pandemic risks in health facilities (co-organized with WHO and IHF)
- 18 February 2021
The State of Urban Climate Finance: A focus on financial flows towards urban adaptation and support for project preparation
(co-organized with Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance)
Watch past webinar recordings, get past webinar information and presentations at our Event Calendar
Focus on COVID-19
- Practical Experiences from P.R. China and the Republic of Korea with COVID-19
- Resilience of local governments: A multi-sectoral approach to integrate public health and disaster risk management
- Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic series: parliamentary action to reduce risks, increase resilience and strengthen emergency preparedness
- Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic series: Business continuity in the era of Covid-19: how businesses could prepare for reopening?
- Applying the principles of resilience building and DRR for the unexpected (co-organized with ICLEI)
- Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic series: Emerging Technologies in Response to COVID-19: Blockchain, ICT and Data for Pandemic Management (Co-organized with WHO and Global Policy House)
- Ensuring Resilience, Accelerating Progress – Examining the Impact of COVID-19 on the Sustainable Development Goals (co-organized with UNOSD and UN DESA)
- Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic series: COVID-19: Responding, Re-opening and Recovery Towards Resilience of Cities (co-organized with UCLG & ICLEI)
- Building back better: Lessons from the COVID-19 pandemic to enhance the role of parliaments in reducing risks of disasters (co-organized with WHO & IPU)
- Cities' experience and good practices on reopening and adjusting public health measures in response to COVID-19 (co-organized with UNOSSC & PAHO)
UNDRR ONEA & GETI
175 Art Center dae-ro, Yeonsu-gu
22004 Incheon, Republic of Korea
Phone: +82 32 458 6551/6570
Fax: +82 32 458 6598/6599
Developing Capacity for Sendai Framework Implementation:
UNDRR ONEA-GETI supports effective and coherent Sendai Framework implementation among governments, city leaders, the private sector, universities, the science community, NGOs and other international organizations.
Contact us to learn more about our on-demand customized courses: email@example.com
View sample courses for:
Calendar of Trainings & Events
Making Cities Resilient
Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030)
Is your city resilient?
Join other cities, local governments and partners taking steps on a pathway to resilience – making the city safer, preventing risks and promoting innovation and investments.
Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030) is a unique cross-stakeholder initiative for improving local resilience through advocacy, sharing knowledge and experiences, establishing mutually reinforcing city-to-city learning networks, injecting technical expertise, connecting multiple layers of government and building partnerships.
Launched on 28 October 2020, MCR2030 aims to leverage knowledge and expertise of partners to support cities through a clear three-stage resilience roadmap, from enhancing knowledge on risk and resilience, putting in place disaster risk reduction and resilience strategies, and moving toward implementation and taking actions to strengthen resilience.
Through delivering a clear roadmap to urban resilience and providing access to knowledge management and monitoring and reporting tools, MCR2030 will support cities on their journey to reduce risk and build resilience. MCR2030 aims to ensure cities become inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable by 2030, contributing directly to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 11 (SDG11) and other global frameworks including the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, the Paris Agreement and the New Urban Agenda.
UNDRR Global Education and Training Institute (GETI) is the global coordinator of MCR2030.
Visit mcr2030.undrr.org for more information.
UNDRR ONEA & GETI Newsletters
유엔 재난위험경감사무국 동북아시아 사무소 및 국제교육훈련연수원 (UNDRR ONEA & GETI)
유엔 재난위험경감사무국 동북아시아 사무소 및 국제교육훈련연수원(United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction Office for Northeast Asia & Global Education and Training Institute, UNDRR ONEA & GETI)는 기후변화와 재난에 강한 사회로 거듭나는 것을 목표로, 전 세계를 대상으로 재해위험경감, 기후변화적응, 그리고 지속가능개발 분야의 방재 전문가단을 육성하기 위하여 2010년 설립되었습니다.
UNDRR ONEA & GETI는 도시방재를 촉진시키기 위한 기후변화와 재난에 강한 도시 만들기 2030 (Making Cities Resilient, MCR2030) 의 사무국으로써 글로벌 허브의 역할 또한 수행합니다.
UNDRR 동북아사무소 (Office for Northeast Asia, ONEA)는 재난 손실 및 위험을 줄이고 센다이 재난위험경감 강령 2015-2030의 이행을 보장하기 위해 대한민국, 중국, 일본, 몽골 및 조선 민주주의 인민 공화국 총 5 개 국가를 지원합니다.
UNDRR 국제교육훈련연수원 (Global Education and Training Institute, GETI) 는 2015-2030 센다이재해위험경감강령 실천 지원과 재해위험경감, 기후변화적응, 그리고 지속가능한 개발을 위한 방재 역량 개발을 제공하고; 도시 복원력 증진을 위한 도시간 학습을 진행 및 지원하고 (기후변화와 재난에 강한 도시 만들기); 복원력 문제를 다루는 국가 교육 기관의 역량 개발을 지원하는 등 다양한 교육 훈련 사업을 전세계적으로 수행합니다.