The eLearning Course seeks to build capacities to spearhead innovation and utilize information and communications technologies (ICTs) and key frontier technologies to drive disaster risk reduction (DRR) and resilience. Special emphasis is given to public service innovations that serve the needs of countries in special situations, including methods for adapting, scaling, and aligning these innovations with the countries’ national contexts.
The launch event of the eLearning Course will be held on 8 November 2023, 15:00-16:00 KST (GMT+9) via Zoom. Registration is now open via the link here.
Upon completion of the training, learners will have:
- Apply concepts on how to establish public governance frameworks and close technology gaps for disaster risk reduction and sustainable development in vulnerable states.
- Be equipped with knowledge of how digital government solutions can be implemented to promote public service innovation for resilience.
- Learn how to promote government innovation and enhance the adoption of frontier technologies for disaster risk reduction and resilience.
- Mobilize the means of implementation to leverage innovations in technology through public programmes finance and technology transfer.
- Set up plans to measure progress on DRR and resilience.
The course comprises of module 6 Units:
- Unit 1: Risk-Informed Governance for DRR and Resilience
- Unit 2: Science Technology and Government Innovation in Public Governance for DRR and Resilience
- Unit 3: Practical and Planned Application of Emerging Technology and Government Innovation for DRR and Resilience
- Unit 4: Implementation of Emerging Technologies and Government Innovation for DRR and Resilience
- Unit 5: Reflecting on and Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation (optional)
- Unit 6:Case Studies - Application of Technology for Reducing Disaster Risks
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).