- Documents and publications
Drought and people’s livelihood in the Horn of Africa
17 June 2021
United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
Number of pages
- Communication, awareness and outreach/ use available platforms and means for information dissemination to have a wider reach- localised consistent and common messaging, non-alarmist, factual and updated on regular basis;
- Coordinated early action and government leadership is imperative;
- Early warning that triggers early action saves loss of human life and economic damage;
- Investing more in risk management and response;
- Learning lessons from successful innovative community adaptation actions can cause multiplier effect amongst local stakeholders.
This case study is a contribution to the GAR Special Report on Drought 2021.
Country & Region
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).