Call for Proposals: Thematic Side Events and Preconference Events at AfRP 2021
The application and registration for side events/pre-conference events is now closed.
The Africa Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction is a biennial forum that brings together Member States, Regional Economic Communities, development partners and other stakeholders to review progress, share experiences, good practices and lessons learned. It also seeks to build a consensus on the way forward to enable Member States to deliver on their commitments to the Sendai Framework and the Programme of Action for its implementation in Africa, thereby contributing to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Agenda 2063: The Africa We Want.
To create an inclusive platform and spark more inspiring discussions, governments, inter-governmental organisations, United Nations, media and other stakeholders are encouraged to express their interest in organising thematic side events and pre-conference events during the Africa Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction.
With the over-arching theme of “Towards Disaster Risk-informed Development for A Resilient Africa in A COVID-19 Transformed World”, all partners and stakeholders are invited to organize side events and preconference events around the following topics:
- Understanding of disaster risk in Africa
- Management of disaster risk by African institutions
- Risk-informed and resilient recovery in the face of COVID-19.
- Strengthening disaster risk governance in the context of multiple hazards and COVID-19.
- Disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation and sustainable development
- Financing for DRR and risk-informed investments and development
- Urban resilience: Enhancing resilience at the local level
- Leave no one behind-investing, and empowering the most at risk
- Global Platform for DRR: is Africa on track to achieve the SF and POA targets?
- Nature-based solutions
- Reducing the risk of food insecurity through partnerships
- Disaster Displacement, conflict and migration
- Resilient Infrastructure
- Other (must be related to the theme )
Partners and stakeholders interested in organizing side events/ preconference events during the Eighth Africa Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction are kindly requested to express their interest by completing the attached form and submit it by email to email@example.com before 29 October 2021 with ‘PRE-CONFERENCE EVENT APPLICATION’ or ‘SIDE EVENT APPLICATION’ in the subject.