Public Expenditure Reviews and Budget Tracking for Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR): Expert consultations towards improved CCA-DRR integrated approaches
To improve the methodology for conducting disaster risk reduction (DRR) public expenditure reviews, UNDRR is convening a number of stakeholders to discuss commonalities between DRR and climate change adaptation (CCA) across sectoral budgets to converge these methodologies. A methodology that brings together both DRR and CCA concerns could be useful to overcome double counting and duplication of efforts.
- Understand the current landscape and exchange information on current initiatives.
- Present and discuss findings and recommendations from previous studies of multiple stakeholders working in the domain of DRR and CCA financing.
- Learn from past experiences in conducting budget reviews (e.g. gender, environmental) and initiatives for institutionalizing budget tagging systems (e.g. climate budget tagging (CBT)).
- Discuss the opportunities and challenges for a tool that could link DRR and CCA public expenditures.
- Identify countries' needs to build on budget reviews' findings and recommendations to develop budget marking systems, climate and disaster fiscal and financing frameworks and/or focused sectoral analysis.