Towards a resilient future: The Arab-Africa science, technology, policy & private sector nexus for disaster risk reduction
The Arab-Africa Science, Technology, Policy & Private Sector Nexus for Disaster Risk Reduction is a joint conference hosted by the Government of Tunisia under the auspices of H.E. Ahmed al-Hachani, the Prime Minister of Tunisia and in collaboration with UNDRR.
The conference will bring together multi-stakeholder contributors, including experts and practitioners from governments, the private sector, science and academic institutions, the UN and its specialized organizations, and regional and international organizations to discuss common issues and challenges countries face. The two-day conference would be comprised of interactive discussions to share experiences and knowledge among the countries in the Africa and Arab regions and showcase the latest innovations, technical know-how, tools, and techniques for disaster risk reduction from the private sector and academia.
Registration for this event is currently open
- Outcome Document: Tunis Call for Action EN, AR, FR
- Concept note EN, AR, FR
- Logistics note EN, AR, FR
- Programme Snapshot EN, AR
- Agenda EN, AR, FR
- Plenary Session 1 [Status of science and technology in DRR in Africa | Status of science and technology in DRR in Arab region | Status of science and technology in DRR in Tunisia | Status of science and technology in DRR on the global level]
- Plenary Session 2 [Climate risk assessment to inform policy-making | Data-driven risk assessments | Mapping resilience for the Sustainable Development Goals | Methods and tools for resilience planning | Towards resilience assessment and improvement for disaster reduction]
- Thematic Session 3 [The role of law enforcement and justice | The role of private investment]
- Thematic Session 4 [Forecast-based financing]
- Thematic Session 6 [Crisis management | The Africa multi-hazard early warning and early action system | The role of artificial intelligence machine learning & big data | The role of indigenous knowledge in DRR]
- Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction - GAR 2022 EN, AR, FR