- Documents and publications
An overview of environment and disaster risk reduction in the Arab Region: A community perspective
The discussions in this booklet aim to address the complexity of risk in the Arab region, and present some tools which can be used by local governments, civil society and other institutions working in the field of environment and disaster risk reduction. In the Arab region the effects of human behavior on the environment has caused a growing concern since the early 1980s and from the end of the same decade the question of climate change has gradually received more attention.
Its chapters address:
- Common understanding of key concepts and terminology
- Environmental conservation and disaster risks in the Arab region
- Community Approach
- Risk Assessment
- Disaster risk reduction as a part of Local Planning
- People Centered Early Warning Systems
- Public Information and disaster risk reduction awareness
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).