- Documents and publications
United Nation Office for Disaster Risk Reduction Evaluation Policy
United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
Number of pages
This evaluation policy defines the scope of evaluations, the types of evaluation and their guiding principles, and outlines the institutional framework for establishing evaluation functions within UNDRR. Moreover, this policy identifies criteria for selection of evaluations, and outlines roles and responsibilities to facilitate and track implementation of recommendations produced by evaluations. It sets a foundation to promote the use of knowledge generated through evaluations for institutional learning, delivery coordination, and accountability.
UNDRR's evaluation framework provides several benefits:
- Provide feedback and recommendations to management to enhance informed decision-making.
- Ensure accountability for results.
- Provide evidence of value for money.
- Improve planning and programming both at the strategic and programme or project level.
Report of the Secretary-General on the Implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015–2030 (2021)
2021 Progress report on the implementation of the UN Plan of Action on disaster risk reduction for resilience