Caribbean Safe School Ministerial Forum
Halcyon Cove by Rex Resort, Antigua
The Caribbean Safe School Ministerial Forum will be held 3 - 4 April 2017 in Antigua and Barbuda. This Forum aims to identify national and joint regional achievements and priorities regarding school safety and raise awareness of the Worldwide Initiative on Safe Schools (WISS) in the Caribbean. The objective is to have Ministers of Education come together to validate and adopt the Caribbean Declaration and Road Map on School Safety, and commit to its implementation.
- Awareness on the three pillars of school safety and WISS raised.
- National and regional priorities regarding school safety identified.
- Caribbean Declaration on School Safety approved and signed.
- Road Map on School Safety defined.
- Caribbean Safe School Initiative launched.
The Forum is primarily targeting Ministers of Education in the Caribbean and their technical advisors, as well as representatives from regional and United Nations organizations, youth, donors and media that will be able to support the implementation of the three pillars of school safety in the Caribbean.