ARISE Japan Public Symposium 2019: DRR and the Private Sector in the SDGs Era: From Information to Communication
AP Toranomon 11F Convention Room
ARISE Japan is hosting its fourth annual public symposium on 11 March 2019.
Japanese businesses have learned to put disaster risk front and center in terms of their business management as well as social responsibility in the three-decade-long “Heisei” era, which is set to end in early 2019. This symposium will explore the technology and social psychology of disaster risk communication, and through them, how the private sector may further contribute to resilience and sustainable development in the upcoming era.
This symposium is open to the wider private sector and other stakeholders.
- Global Compact Network Japan (GCNJ)
- Japan Bosai Platform (JBP)
- Association for Resilience Japan (ARJ)
Date, time, location: 11 March 2018, 15:00-17:40, in Tokyo. Registration opens 14:30. Event will be followed by a casual reception. This is a free event, however, advanced registration is required (see online registration link).
- 15:00 - Welcome remarks by organizer - Masato Takamatsu, ARISE Japan Lead and ARISE Board member; Senior Executive Fellow, Head of Tourism Crisis Management Consulting, JTB Tourism Research and Consulting Co.
- 15:05 - Welcome remarks by co-organizer – Head, UNISDR office in Japan, Yuki Matsuoka
- 15:15 - Welcome remarks by supporting organization – Executive Director, Global Compact Network Japan, Tsuneo Oba
- 15:20-16:00 - Keynote speech “disaster information: from reference to triggering action” by Satoru Nishikawa, Professor, Disaster Mitigation Research Center, Nagoya University
- 16:00-17:30 - Panel discussion with case study presentations “Disaster information: last-mile delivery and usefulness”
- Science/Academia - Satoru Nishikawa, Professor, Disaster Mitigation Research Center, Nagoya University
- Social science/Academia – Hiroki Takikawa, Assistant Professor, Tsunami Engineering Laboratory, IRIDeS
- Disaster Simulation/Private Sector & ARISE – Takeshi Sato, Manager, Public Project Design & Marketing Department, Kozo Keikaku Engineering Inc.
- Weather information/Private Sector - Daisuke Abe, Certified Weather Forecaster; Director & Chief Service Officer, Weathernews Inc.
- Inbound tourism/ Private Sector - Toshiyuki Ishikawa, Representative Director and Vice President, Survey Research Center Co., Ltd.
Shigeki Honda, Senior Research Fellow, New Market Development Section, MS&AD InterRisk Research & Consulting, Inc.
Please click here to register.