Virtual Event Planner
This job posting has closed
Result of Service
Successful design, planning and execution of the online preparatory events.
Successful design, planning and execution of the online VII Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction in the Americas and the Caribbean meeting (RP21).
March 1 - August 31 2021 with possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Virtual Event Planner (“VEP”) shall support the setup of a successful virtual high level diplomatic meeting and preparatory events (youth forum, regional workshops and others) by identifying and setting up the platform(s) needed and guiding the process for optimizing the event.
The VEP will investigate and be responsible for implementing support to the project as follows:
- Event management – everything needed to logistically create and run the events, including registration, branding & customization, and ability to send notifications and alerts.
- Activation & engagement – all the tools needed to turn the events into an interactive experience for the audience, including polling, Q&A, home feed, gamification, and chatbots.
- Networking & communities – the features that will help connect the audience to one another, including recommended connections, 1-1 and group chat, LinkedIn profile integration, contact requests, and audience profiles.
- Live functionality – everything needed to put on the live portion of the events, including streaming capabilities, live audience reactions, speaker bios, whiteboard sessions, and 2-way video.
- On-demand capabilities – how to offer on-demand access, including searchable content library, hosting live sessions and pre-recorded video, offline capabilities, and summary digests.
- Optimization – how to turn the events into business impact, including lead collection, usage and behavior analytics, and audience signals/alerts.
- Environment – the details of the platform itself, including virtual lobby, web and native mobile applications, language support, and branding & app publishing capabilities.
- Solution support – how the vendor can support you, including global support presence, email/phone/web support, hours of support (are they 24/7?), integrations, and SSO capability.
This consultancy will work under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of office of the UNDRR regional office for the Americas and the Caribbean.
Skills: Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of current virtual meeting/event technologies and companies capable of supporting high-level, complex meetings/events at scale fields is required.
Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to handle the work in an efficient and timely manner is required.
Academic Qualifications: Master’s degree in social sciences, communication studies, or related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience in leadership high-level meeting and event planning may be accepted in lieu of the Master's degree.
Experience: Two (2) years of demonstrated leadership in high-level meeting and event planning is required. Experience in regional development, disaster risk reduction, engineering, education, geography, international relations and other related fields is a plus.
Language: Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.