003 Call for Proposals: UNDRR Stakeholder Engagement Mechanism (SEM)
2020 Call for Proposals (Grants out)
UNDRR issues grants, in line with UN Financial Regulations and Rules, to apolitical and not profit-making organisations to facilitate, implement, or carry out activities related to UNDRR’s and the partner’s mandates and work programmes.
To this end, UNDRR invites not profit-making organisations to submit grant proposals that focus on the project described below.
UNDRR Stakeholder Engagement Mechanism (SEM): Implementation of SEM Workplan 2020 – Phase 1: Initiation
The duration of the proposed project cannot exceed six (6) months. The maximum amount requested from UNDRR for the implementation of this project cannot exceed 29,500 USD. The project proposal must not exceed 10 pages (attachments such as scanned copies of entity’s registration, CVs of staff etc. do not count).
For this purpose, please fill in duly all the sections of the application form, include the required documents (scanned copy of NGO/IGO’s registration certificate, CVs of staff etc.) and budget excel sheets, and send the complete application package (application form, budget excel sheets, entity registration certificate, CVs of staff, etc) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference: 003 UNDRR Stakeholder Engagement Mechanism (SEM)
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2020 midnight New York, USA EST (Eastern Standard Time). Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
Projects’ activities can include, amongst others, the following:
- seminars, workshops, trainings;
- capacity building activities;
- institutional strengthening activities and
The following types of activity will not be covered:
- capital expenditure, e.g. land, buildings, equipment and vehicles;
- individual scholarships for studies or training courses;
- supporting political parties; and
Due to the number of applications, only short-listed applicants will be notified.
Please note that the grant payment schedule will be determined with the selected grantee when finalizing the agreement. UNDRR standard practice is: not to exceed 40% of the requested amount upon signature of the grant agreement; remaining payments made based on a schedule of payments linked to production of project milestones and the final payment, 20%, will be paid after the end of the project, once final documents have been received, verified and approved by UNDRR.
Refund of grants: UNDRR may request organizations to refund, either in part or in whole any amounts paid in respect of a grant when:
- the project was not implemented in full or in part;
- the grant was spent for ineligible expenditures other than those mentioned in the budget proposal submitted to, and approved by UNDRR;
- no narrative, financial or audit report was submitted within the deadline established by the grant agreement;
- a narrative report and/or a financial report submitted was determined to be unsatisfactory;
- a negative evaluation of the project by UNDRR;
- any other valid reason provided by the UNDRR.