- Words into Action guidelines: National focal points for disaster risk reduction, national platforms for disaster risk reduction, local platforms for disaster risk reduction
Words into Action guidelines: National focal points for disaster risk reduction, national platforms for disaster risk reduction, local platforms for disaster risk reduction
This document provides guidance on National Focal Points for the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030 and on the establishment or strengthening of National and Local Platforms for DRR. It also describes the link between Global, National, Regional, and Local Platforms for DRR.
To this end, the guide is comprised of the following sections:
- Introduction to the Guideline and the Sendai Framework for Action,
- National Focal Points for DRR,
- National Platform for DRR,
- Inspiring Examples from National Platforms,
- Local Platforms,
- Inspiring Examples from Local Platforms,
- Regional and Global Platforms for DRR,
- UN / UNISDR support, and
The guide is not meant to be exhaustive handbooks that will cover each detail in depth. Those who need more in-depth information will find pointers to other sources of a more specialized and detailed nature. Over time, the on line, up-to-date ‘how-to-do DRR’ packages (the second main output of WiA) validated and co-curated by communities on PreventionWeb will be the reference for more detailed information on specific questions and issues.
Public consultation version
As an effort from the international DRR Community and brokered by UNISDR, this official public consultation version is a product of a long and detailed process of drafting, consultation and review. This document will be on PreventionWeb for public review during 3 months and has the purpose to ensure we haven’t overseen aspects that are important to consider. Share your comments through the survey below.