The UNDRR internal policy on disability accessibility and inclusion outlines the guiding principles, scope and areas of work to ensure that the organization’s operations and programmes meet these commitments. An ambitious disability inclusion policy with accompanying implementation mechanisms offers a blueprint for UNDRR to put into practice the principles the organization promotes, leaving a positive legacy of accessibility and inclusion for each of the communities we serve.
UNDRR commits to the following:
- Providing an enabling environment and advocating for the full and active participation, representation and leadership of persons with disabilities and their representative organizations in relevant processes, such as regional and global platforms and other key events organized or co-organized by UNDRR.
- Advocating for national and local disaster risk reduction strategies that promote the rights and effective participation of persons with disabilities and their representative organizations.
- Increasing awareness of disability-inclusive disaster risk reduction and ensuring the accessibility of UNDRR’s websites and other essential digital and print information materials by upholding universal design principles and providing information in multiple formats to meet accessibility standards in alignment with the standards established or promoted by the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Promoting the collection, analysis and use of disability disaggregated data and evidence generated for greater socioeconomic understanding and decision-making.
- Developing a plan and implementing positive measures to recruit and retain persons with disabilities as UNDRR’s employees including establishing a guideline or procedure on requesting reasonable accommodation to support employees.
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).