- Documents and publications
Uganda: Policy coherence between disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation
The case study aims to enhance the understanding of policy design and implementation practices in support of disaster risk reduction (DRR) and climate change adaptation (CCA), identify good practice examples and provide recommendations to advance coherence between DRR and CCA practices in Uganda. The case study also aims at gaining a better understanding of the role that budgeting, finance and risk assessments can play in bringing DRR and CCA practices and communities together at national level.
Here are some of the recommendations presented by the case study:
- Ensure a common set of objectives and principles aiming to boost DRR and CCA coordination are reflected in the next DRR and CCA frameworks (including NAP).
- Update or add a companion in the climate-change mainstreaming guide to include DRR aspects.
- Build capacities of DRR and CCA stakeholders to foster a common understanding of the concepts of risk and similarities and differences between the two fields.
- Advocate for closer exchanges and engagement of the DRR and CCA coordination mechanisms.