- Documents and publications
Mainstreaming disaster risk reduction in agriculture: An assessment of progress made against the Hyogo Framework for Action
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations - Headquarters
United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
Number of pages
The paper focuses on reviewing the progress achieved against HFA Priority for Action 1 ("Ensuring that disaster risk reduction is a national and local priority with a strong institutional basis for implementation") and specifically the progress in mainstreaming disaster risk reduction (DRR) within the agriculture sector.
The paper proposes the following key recommendations (pp. 73-77):
- Prioritise critical sectors and include specific targets for each.
- Set agriculture-specific targets and indicators on risk governance.
- Propose clear financial commitments across development sectors.
- Define “Resilient Recovery” as goal in HFA2 with clear targets.
- Monitor and report progress in critical sectors such as agriculture.
- Be coherent with the post-2015 development agenda and the climate change adaptation agreement.
This document is an input paper of the 2015 Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction.
Also featured on