- Documents and publications
COVID-19 small business continuity and recovery planning toolkit
Asian Disaster Preparedness Center
United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Asia and Pacific
Number of pages
The outbreak of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has created a vicious circle of vulnerabilities across the private sector. The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific, the Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC) and partners published a toolkit to provide business continuity and recovery planning support to affected small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs).
Chambers of commerce, business associations and local governments are encouraged to customize and tailor the toolkit for their constituents and communities
The toolkit was developed to support SMEs:
- Protect their employees and customers from contracting and passing COVID-19.
- Rapidly take measures that can protect their businesses from the incoming disruptions, especially in countries that have not yet been severely impacted by COVID-19.
- That have been impacted by COVID-19 to utilize all resources that might be available to them to remain solvent and operational.
The toolkit includes:
- Planning Tool organized around ‘10 tips’ to make businesses resilient.
- Brief guide for impacted businesses with an ‘additional 5 tips.’
- Awareness-raising brochure summarizing the ’10 tips’ and the ‘5 additional tips.’
Also featured on