- Documents and publications
Communicability between the national, state and municipal governments in the integration of the principles of the Hyogo Framework for Action to reduce risks and disasters
The purpose of this paper is to examine the civil defense communication process through which national and regional agencies share principles, guidelines and good Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) actions in the medium and small municipalities where disasters have affected mainly vulnerable people.
The study proposes the following for improving communication on disaster risk among authorities:
- mapping and systematization of data to establish a data base to form an information system, capably of facilitating communication and the dissemination of data and information to the various actors involved;
- provision of funding and resources to the government spheres;
- the press and the private sector could also help raise community awareness about risks and vulnerabilities and promote sustainable mitigation and prevention actions as sought by the public sector;
- identify and strengthen the culture of DRR, beginning with those agencies involved in the Civil Defence and Protection System.
This document is an input paper for the 2015 Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction.