- Documents and publications
Climate change and Disaster Risk Reduction
This paper aims to advance the dialogue between the climate and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) communities by investigating differences, overlaps and potential synergies between the two realms. The objective is to better understand the relationship between efforts to reduce climate and disaster risks and the potential for integration.
The document identifies the following ways for the two communities to work better together, and for future policy action to promote successful coordination. This requires:
- a change in thinking about how adaptation is done;
- a willingness to actively engage actors whose agendas influence vulnerability;
- multi-hazard risk reduction units;
- guidance for disaster response and recovery;
- a human rights-based approach.
This document is a background paper of the 2015 Global Assessment Report on Disaster Risk Reduction.
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).