- Documents and publications
Application of Science and Technology for Community Water-Related Disaster Risk Reduction
This document describes ten best practices for communities on how to use science and technology to address disaster risks, natural resources management and sustainable agriculture. The practices and case studies present an integrated approach that builds resilience and sustainable livelihoods. The case studies also demonstrate how the Sendai Framework, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (or Sustainable Development Goals) and Climate Change Agreement can be implemented coherently at a local level.
The case studies on the following ten topics reflect different opportunities for disaster risk reduction in Thailand:
- Strengthening water management;
- Forestry-based DRR;
- Sustainable crop calendars;
- Water management for increased productivity and reduced drought risk;
- Reservoir and pond management;
- Community-based technologies;
- Tourism increases after build-back-better;
- Climate adaptation;
- Local water management using canals and furrows;
- Integrated water management to address four water-related problems.