Workshop on Sendai Framework Monitoring and the Disaster Loss Accounting System for the Arab region
Royal Maxim Palace Kempinski
The United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction - Regional Office for Arab States (UNISDR ROAS) is organizing a 3-day workshop in Cairo (Egypt) from 13-15 March 2018. This workshop will bring together Arab member states to focus on training in the use of the recently launched Sendai Framework Monitor and the new Disaster Loss Accounting system.
Overall, the workshop will focus on:
- Using the Sendai Framework Monitor System including uploading and entering data, analytical capabilities of the system as well as levels of application (global, regional, national, local);
- Reviewing Global (obligatory) and Custom (optional) Sendai Framework Indicators and links with SDG Indicators; and
- Reporting expectations, dates and next steps.
- Train participants in the concept, methodology and use of the National Loss Accounting System using the DesInventar methodology
- Hands on Training on the New Disaster Loss Accounting System
An interactive version of the Sendai Framework Online Monitor is available at: https://www.unisdr.org/go/sfm