Workshop on integrated disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation planning
Protea Hotel by Marriot Kampala Sky
The national workshop will aim to enhance national capacities to develop and implement integrated plans, and protect productive sectors from climate impacts, including through increased hazard frequency and intensity.
The workshop will:
- Convene key government representatives from ministries responsible for disaster risk management, climate change adaptation, and planning and finance, together with UN and international organizations to share good practices and challenges in integrated planning, budgeting and financing.
- Streamline and advance the process of integrated disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation planning and promote the application of climate information for planning.
- Support participants in developing/updating risk-informed and inclusive national disaster risk reduction strategies and/or National Adaptation Plans that encourage integrated climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction actions across all sectors at all levels.
- Share information and updates on existing coordination mechanisms, ongoing projects, available risk data, and national climate and disaster finance tracking.
- National DRR focal points (not limited to emergency response/preparedness officers)
- Climate change focal points (environment/climate change, NAP focal point)
- Representatives from Ministry of planning and finance
- Development partners/UN agencies / International organizations
- International and Regional Financial Institutions
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).