Strengthening the Role of Local Governments in Jordan
Under the umbrella of the Project "Integrating Disaster Risk Management at National Level in Jordan 2014-2016", this 2-day workshop builds the capacities of 25 local government officials from the five governorates of Zarka, Irbid, Balqa (Salt), Madaba and Jarash.The workshop will enhance awareness on disaster risk reduction at all local levels and equip the participants with the necessary knowledge and tools to train municipalities on the integration of disaster risk reduction in city planning and local development.
- General understanding of the major hazards that threaten Jordan
- Establishing a common understanding on Disaster Risk Reduction
- Introducing the World Disaster Reduction Campaign on Making Cities Resilient and welcoming new commitments from the Governorates.
- Building capacity using the tools available by the campaign to assist municipalities in implementing the ten essentials for making cities resilient; as well as compile data from the LG-SAT.
- Opportunity for city representative and national government officials to share learning’s and encourages new partnerships.