Strengthening Capacities for Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction in Zhuhai
About the Workshop
The “Strengthening Capacities on Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction in Zhuhai” is a 1-2 day(s) intense capacity building and consultation activity organized by ICLEI East Asia, UNISDR ONEA-GETI, and Zhuhai Municipal Government to share knowledge, methodologies, tools, case studies as well as international collaboration platforms in fields of urban resilience and disaster risk reduction (DRR). Senior experts from national authorities and international organizations will present most forefront research and trends in advancing urban resilience and DRR capacity. Experienced international trainers will assist participants in navigating UNISDR “Making Cities Resilient” and ICLEI “Climate Resilient Cities” methodologies and tools through interactive sessions and group exercises. Benchmarking with aforementioned two methodologies, primary advice to cities’ existing Resilience and Disaster Risk Reduction work plan will also be provided.
- Equip local officials with methodologies and tools for building and managing a resilient city
- Support cities in identifying DRR priorities, set strategies and action plans
- Expose cities to various international best practices performed by counterparts alike
- Link cities to ICLEI and UNISDR Global platform for international cooperation
- Help cities fulfill local policy targets in building resilient cities, combating climate change, and advancing DRR management