Online Capacity Development Workshop on MCR2030 and Urban Risk-Informed Planning
Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030) was globally launched in October 2020 to strengthen support to cities on their journey to reduce risks and build resilience. It calls on cities to enhance knowledge on urban risk, strategically plan and take actions to address the underlying drivers of risk. Cities must take a holistic and systemic approach to resilience and build stronger and more resilient systems in the future.
With technical support from UNDRR Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific and the Global Education and Training Institute (GETI), the Indonesia National Agency for Disaster Management (BNPB), Disaster Management Strategic Development Directorate, will support and assist the local-level government to join the MCR2030 initiative and scale up the development and implementation of local strategies national wide. It is expected that through the local-level governments' participation in the MCR2030, Indonesia cities, will increase their risk knowledge and enlarge their networks.
Workshop objectives and expected outcomes
This workshop while promoting the achievement of Target E of the Sendai Framework, aims to:
- Learn about the Making Cities Resilient 2030 and its tools, materials and approaches may be used to build local resilience to disasters across the country;
- Share Indonesian learning experience as part of the Making Cities Resilient Campaign;
- Learn UNDRR GETI methodology in developing local disaster risk reduction and resilient strategies;
- Provide an opportunity for government officials and partners to plan a nationwide roll-out strategy to MCR2030 as one of the disaster risk reduction strategies that involve all stakeholders;
- Discuss top-down and bottom-up coordination mechanisms to support MCR. Indonesia is one of the countries that has been actively participating in MCR.
Is this page useful?Yes No Report an issue on this page
Thank you. If you have 2 minutes, we would benefit from additional feedback (link opens in a new window).