Global resilience forum: Strengthening resilience for a changing climate
5-6 October 2023
In light of the recent Sendai Framework Midterm Review Political Declaration and with COP28 being hosted in Dubai, the Dubai Resilience Hub, UNDRR, and MCR2030 have come together to organize a Global Resilience Forum. The primary goal is to amplify the role of local governments in enhancing cities' resilience. The forum will serve as a platform for Resilience Hubs, cities, partners, and stakeholders to discuss and address urban resilience within the context of climate change and rapid urbanization.
The key topics and themes of discussion will be as follow:
- Risk governance and whole-of-society approach with the aim of reducing risk,
- Cooperation with the private sector, technology providers, and innovators to develop risk-reduction solutions,
- Investment in innovative urban solutions like land use research and low-cost technology,
- Utilization of data and information on risk in enhancing cities’ resilience,
- Investment in coherent DRR and climate action in urban local contexts,
- Displacement and its pressure on the displaced communities and host communities and their linkages to climate change,
- Resilient urban systems and access to basic urban infrastructure in vulnerable cities and communities.
Join us on 5-6 October 2023 in Dubai, as we collaborate and forge strategies to strengthen urban resilience and tackle the challenges posed by a changing climate.
* The detailed agenda and concept note of the forum will be made available shortly.
* For more information and updates on the forum, please stay tuned to the event page.