Daring Cities 2021 Side Event - Making Cities Resilient 2030: Leaving no municipality behind
Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030) is an inclusive and long-term multi-stakeholder partnership for local governments. Still in its first year, MCR2030 continues to build momentum. The initiative supports cities to identify and own their vision of disaster resilience. It provides a three-stage pathway towards that vision as well as support & services along that journey. Throughout, it leaves no city behind or alone.
In short MCR2030 is a value proposition platform for cities and various partners, including private sector and development partner service providers.
This session will highlight how MCR2030 increases a city’s access to knowledge; resources/markets; partnerships; networks; and regional and global recognition. In particular, it will focus on the importance of strengthening coordination between local and national government. It will also showcase the role of vibrant networks and partnership between cities, including the development of City Resilience Hubs that provide inspiration and services to other local governments.
- Andrew Mcelroy, Programme Management Officer, UNDRR and MCR2030
- Gino Van Begin, Secretary General, ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- Emani Kumar, Deputy Secretary-General, ICLEI & Executive Director, ICLEI South Asia
- Kawsu Barrow, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, National Disaster Management Agency (NDMA), the Gambia
- Asma Jhina, City Resilience & Climate Finance Advisor, Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy (GCoM) the City Climate Gap Fund
- Katherine Oldham, Chief Resilience Officer, Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA)
- ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability
- UNDRR Global Education and Training Institute (GETI)
- Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030)
Date & Time
Date: 19 October 2021 (Tue)
Time: 11:00-12:00 CEST
For more information:
- Andrew Mcelroy, Programme Management Officer, UNDRR at email@example.com
- Mutarika Pruksapong, Programme Management Officer, UNDRR at firstname.lastname@example.org