The Business Case for Disaster Risk Reduction: Make Your Business Disaster and Climate Resilient - Mauritius 2017
Le Voila, Bagatelle
Millions of dollars of new business investment will be made in the private sector in the coming years. Much of it will be spent in hazard-exposed locations. How disaster sensitive this investment is will in part determine the future resilience of the country. In most economies, the private sector is responsible for 70–85 percent of this investment. The decisions made by business have far-reaching consequences on disaster/ climate risk prevention or accumulation.
- Understanding Disaster Risk and the Sendai Framework;
- Current and future risk for your business;
- Good Practices from the Philippines;
- Business Continuity & Your enterprise;
- Disaster and Climate Resilient Business in Action: Examples and Case Studies;
- Monitoring and Evaluation of your Business Resilience Action Plan; and
- Conclusion: The Business Case for Disaster and Climate Risk Management.