Arab Coordination Mechanism for Disaster Risk Reduction Meeting
Crystal Hall, Golden Tulip El Mechtel Hotel
The 1st meeting of the Arab Coordination Mechanism for Disaster Risk Reduction and the implementation of Sendai Framework in 2018 will be held on 23-24 January 2018 in Tunis, Tunisia. This meeting is being organized by UNISDR Regional Office for Arab States in close cooperation with Government of Tunisia and the League of Arab States. The focus of this meeting will be to consult governments and key stakeholder engaged in disaster risk reduction in the region on the way forward to accelerate the implementation and monitoring of the Sendai Framework in the Arab region.
The meeting will bring together Arab member states and key stakeholders to receive suggestions and advice on the preparatory aspects of the conference as well as agree on a way forward for the region towards the implementation of the Arab Strategy for Disaster Risk Reduction 2030 and its plan of action.
The main objective of the meeting will be to:
- Reflect on the progress in DRR so far in the Arab Region and agree on a way forward for acceleration of the implementation of the Sendai Framework.
- Consult governments and stakeholders on the priorities and preparation towards the 4th Arab Ministerial Conference on DRR (within the Africa-Arab Regional Platform)
- Strengthen the Arab Coordination Mechanism for DRR to support the implementation of the Sendai Framework.
- Present the final form of the Arab Strategy on DRR 2030 and its Plan of Action 2018-2020.
- Update governments and partners on key process such as Sendai Monitoring; implementation of disaster loss databases to develop the baseline data in countries; national and local strategies and so on.